- Practical Information
- About MS TCDC
Swahili language Courses
Communicating in a foreign language is a challenge for people engaged in development work in East Africa. During the last 30 years, MS-TCDC has developed extensive expertise in enabling expatriates to improve their language skills. As a result, our training has gained a very strong reputation in the East African Region(Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi).
The international composition of the Swahili classes and the many other development training activities taking place at MS-TCDC enhance informal cross-cultural discussions and provides participants with important contacts valuable for their future life in East Africa.
Common features and methodologies for our language courses are:
- Small groups with a maximum of five students per trainer. The groups are formed according to the learning abilities of participants, and MS-TCDC applies a very high degree of flexibility in the teaching levels.
- A wide variety of pedagogical methods: textbooks, audio-visual aids such as videos, tapes, and pictures, language games and role-plays which make the lessons varied and very functional.
- Excursions to institutions and places in the neighbourhood for language skills
- Each topic will be integrated with a cultural note related to core values
- Kiswahili Oral Proficiency Test is used for all levels of language students
Choose between the following courses
We offer a three weeks swahili beginners course five times in a year, with a total of 90 teaching hours including excursions and language immersion sessions. This programme is intended for participants who have recently arrived in East Africa and require a basic introduction to the swahili language.
This course is offered five times in a year. It is intended for participants who have completed the beginnerâ€™s course or who in other ways have acquired a corresponding level of swahili.
This course is offered once a year. It is a two-week program with a total of 60 hours of teaching including excursions and language immersion sessions. It focuses more on application of technical swahili, various swahili registers and enhances learners to participate in meetings and debates.
This is a two weeks program with a total of 60 teaching hours, which include excursions and immersion sessions. This course is intended for participants who have been exposed to swahili speaking environment and are fast learners since the pace is very intense.
This is a two-week programme with a total of 60 teaching hours, which include excursions and immersion sessions. It is intended for participants who have completed the beginnerâ€™s course or who in other ways have acquired a corresponding level of Swahili.